Monday, March 18, 2013

an era slipping away from me...

i bought this bag from a peruvian dude in a market in venezuela in 1998. i have loved, loved, loved it with all my heart. i realize these bags are a dime a dozen, but it has two people on it -- companions in the mission field is how i always saw it. and it reminded me of a great companion and a great day with my zone. i loved my mission experience so very much. the things i learned and most especially the relationships i created have become sacred to me. it seems silly to say, but even this bag reminded me that God knows me, loves me, and seeks to bless me even while I am feebly attempting to serve him.  someday i hope to go back to venezuela and buy another one and learn more things and meet more wonderful people.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

I feel like I want you to send this to me and see if I can try and resurrect it at all. I have a bag Melissa bought me in Spain that has died but I'm determined to use the main parts and turn it into a "new" bag. I am getting a little better at sewing. The offer is there.

Olivia Justine said...

wish i had even thought of asking you before throwing it away. i think i pitched it so quick because it honestly hurt to see it literally fall apart in my hands. i know this sounds ridiculous, but i can't remember the last time my heart hurt over loosing a material possession like this. it just meant so much. that's why i took pictures and posted i suppose. thanks for the offer ju. i'll remember next time before i throw something away to ask you. btw. awesome embroidery. sp?