Saturday, June 20, 2015

Cancer Society Walk

This summer Tori came to stay with us as a nanny while I completed a full-time internship. One of the things we did together was participate in the American Cancer Society's Cancer Walk 2015 at our local high school track. It was perfect for the kids because it was just a few hours of walking and listening to survivors share their stories. It was uplifting and gave us the chance to honor the amazing women in our lives who have overcome the challenges cancer brings each in their own ways. I only wish my kids could have known my Aunt Mary Ann Gorzkowski. I love her so much and still miss her.


Chas, Tori, Isaac, Avery, June, Cole

The lighted bag I made in memory of Aunt Manny.

Beautiful bags lit the way all around the track as we walked.

Tori's bag for her mom who just kicked cancer's butt.

back of her bag

June decorating her bag.

Ike and June decorating bags.

We all agreed this bag needed a little change. It's not the "sun" that guides us. It's the "Son."

Cute kiddos lighting their bags.

No comments: