I've now had the opportunity to peer in on three webs in the process of being made over the last few months. While I'm not particularly in love with spiders -- in fact they totally creep me out when I find them in the house -- watching them work is one of my most favorite things that I've experienced out here in Alameda. They are such smart and talented little creatures. They wow me.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
A few weeks ago a nice sized spider (think quarter for body size minus legs) spun an incredibly beautiful and perfectly round web near our front door (but not in the way). We actually caught him in the act and got to see the strands coming out of his body and through his 'hands' as he walked backward making the web. Since that time he's made another web above his original although he can almost always be found dead center of the first one. When I came home the other morning the sun was coming through the trees just right so that the web was illuminated. Here it is...

I've now had the opportunity to peer in on three webs in the process of being made over the last few months. While I'm not particularly in love with spiders -- in fact they totally creep me out when I find them in the house -- watching them work is one of my most favorite things that I've experienced out here in Alameda. They are such smart and talented little creatures. They wow me.
I've now had the opportunity to peer in on three webs in the process of being made over the last few months. While I'm not particularly in love with spiders -- in fact they totally creep me out when I find them in the house -- watching them work is one of my most favorite things that I've experienced out here in Alameda. They are such smart and talented little creatures. They wow me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment