Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chas skateboarding...

chas has gotten pretty good at most of the hills and such at this park and has been practicing pick up speed to get himself on top of AND over the next hill, bowl, etc. It's amazing to watch him!
This kid (who was younger than Chas by a bit I think) was incredible. Here Chas is asking him to show him how to drop into the big bowl, which as of yet Chas had never attempted to do...cause it's a deep bowl. In fact, most of us, including myself, can hardly get ourselves out of it without looking ridiculous let alone get down in it. But I digress....here he is on his first try...(I was SO nervous btw)...

...but he made it look easy breezy when he did it. As a person who is only moderately coordinated I often look at Chas with awe at his ability to balance and adapt his body mid-flight. I'm so grateful that my kids are blessed with gifts above and beyond my own. Progress is a good thing! And it's so inspiring to me.

No comments: