As a side note: Cole got a skateboard for his birthday in August. He was so excited, but quickly realized just how much effort and practice it takes to make it move AND stay on it. For months he's kept it inside and worked on riding it on carpet -- less slippery and easier to fall on. Lo and behold, as is Cole's way, we were in the school cafeteria on Saturday and he got on a skateboard someone had left there and just took off. He was able to go down a small hill and even manipulate his feet to steer the board.He is always surprising us. I love that he takes his time to get comfortable and I love that he doesn't let the pressure of other people push him to do something he's not ready for. I'd love to find out what goes on in his mind sometimes cause somehow he's learning and preparing and then BAM! he gets on a skateboard and rides away. Wow Cole. Makes me wonder what else he'll surprise us with in his life.
No comments:
Post a Comment